5.8.09

organic welsh lamb steaks with herbs and feta

I'm back. Kalo mina. Sorry it's been so long. Working hard.

Here I have for you a superly easy-to-prepare recipe that leads to some wonderful flavours. I found at my beloved Waitrose in Oxford some great deals yesterday on lamb steaks. Life has been much more fullfilling with a Waitrose in my backyard.

Preheated oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Took two lamb steaks, rubbed Kalamata olive oil, salt, pepper, dried oregano and mint on both sides. Added them onto a tray lined with foil. I sprinkled some crumbled feta cheese and 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt on top of each steak. Squeezed some lemon juice over as well. Cooked for about 18 minutes, and then jacked up the temperature to +220 (grill) for another 6 minutes.

They were divine. Serve with side salad or rocket, spinach and watercress with some cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, and olive oil with balsamico.

No comments: