6.8.08

wine with the ladies (and a Swiss)


What a lovely evening I had (and I needed it after a stressful, miserable day during which I got into a fight earlier in the afternoon with some random lady on the bus who butted into my conservation). My friend from my undergrad days in Rochester, Flavia, arrived in Oxford for a few days, and after a baked cod dish with potato puree for dinner (recipe to come), we headed off to Northern Oxford for some fine wine at the Summertown Wine Cafe. I have heard great reviews on this place (for months now), and I couldn't pass up a chance to go. It was really the brainchild of the illustrious Susan Jane, along with Maria and Evie. The layout of the cafe was really interesting, with an outdoor area in the back, along with a gazebo of sorts that had the comfort of a family living room. I enjoyed a glass of Gottleman 'Munsterer Pittersberg' Riesling 2007 .

Loved it, loved it, loved it!

No comments: